Last updated: 07th Jul 2022
The Information We Collect
We collect information directly from individuals, from third parties, and automatically through the WeSeSo Platform.
Account and Profile Information: When you register on with WeSeSo, we collect your name, contact information (including your telephone number), demographic information, school name and other information you provide, such as article submitted by you. Your name, photo, video and any other information that you choose to add for public view will be available for viewing by the public and other users of the WeSeSo Platform.
Your Content: We collect the information and content that you post to the WeSeSo Platform, including your questions, answers, photos, and comments. Unless you have posted certain content anonymously, your content, date and time stamps, and all associated comments are publicly viewable on the WeSeSo Platform, along with your name. This also may be indexed by search engines and be republished elsewhere on the Internet in accordance with our Terms of Service. For more information about what you can change, see the below section on Your Choices.
Communications. Your contact information will be used to communicate with you (via email, phone, text message, through the WeSeSo Platform or otherwise). When you communicate with us (via email, phone, text message, through the WeSeSo Platform, or otherwise), we may maintain a record of your communication. By disclosing your contact information to WeSeSo, you consent to our use of your contact information to communicate with you.
Retention: We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements or you have explicitly notify us via email to purge your data.
How We Use Your Information
We do not sell your personal information – such as your name and contact information – to third parties to use for their own marketing purposes. WeSeSo uses the information we collect for the following purposes:
* Provide our Services. To provide you the services we offer on the WeSeSo Platform and make the WeSeSo Platform available to the public, communicate with you about your use of the WeSeSo Platform and respond to your inquiries.
* Personalization. To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you in the WeSeSo Platform, to suggest followers and content, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the WeSeSo Platform.
* Marketing and Promotions. For marketing and promotional purposes, such as to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you, including information about third-party products and services.
* Analytics. To gather metrics to better understand how users access and use the WeSeSo Platform; to evaluate and improve the WeSeSo Platform, including the Ad Services and personalization, and to develop new products and services.
* Comply with Law. To comply with legal obligations, as part of our general business operations, and for other business administration purposes.
How We Share Your Information
We share information as set forth below, and where individuals have otherwise consented:
Service Providers. We may share your information with third-party service providers who use this information to perform services for us, such as payment processors, hosting providers, auditors, advisors, consultants, customer service and support providers, as well as those who assist us in providing the Ad Services.
Business Transfers. We may disclose or transfer information, including personal information, as part of any merger, sale, and transfer of our assets, acquisition or restructuring of all or part of our business, bankruptcy, or similar event.
Legally Required. We may disclose your information if we are required to do so by law.
Protection of Rights. We may disclose information where we believe it necessary to respond to claims asserted against us or, comply with legal process (e.g., subpoenas or warrants), enforce or administer our agreements and terms, for fraud prevention, risk assessment, investigation, and protect the rights, property or safety of WeSeSo, its users, or others.
Your Content and Public Information. Your content, including your name, profile picture, profile information, and certain associated activity information is available to other users of the WeSeSo Platform and may be viewed publicly. Public viewing includes availability to non-registered visitors and can occur when users share your content across other sites or services. In addition, your content may be indexed by search engines. In some cases, we may charge for access to your content and public information on the WeSeSo Platform. See the section below about Your Choices for information about how you may change how certain information is shared or viewed by others.
Anonymized and Aggregated Data. We may share aggregated or de-identified information with third parties for research, marketing, analytics and other purposes, provided such information does not identify a particular individual.
Cookies, Pixels and Tracking
* Cookies. These are small files with a unique identifier that are transferred to your browser through our websites. They allow us to remember users who are logged in, to understand how users navigate through and use the WeSeSo Platform, and to display personalized content and targeted ads (including on third-party sites and applications).
* Pixels, web beacons, clear GIFs. These are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, which we use to track the online movements of users of the WeSeSo Platform and the web pages of users of our Ad Services, and to personalize content. We also use these in our emails to let us know when they have been opened or forwarded, so we can gauge the effectiveness of our communications.
* Analytics Tools. We may use internal and third-party analytics tools, including Google Analytics. The third-party analytics companies we work with may combine the information collected with other information they have independently collected from other websites and/or other online products and services. Their collection and use of information is subject to their own privacy policies.
Do-Not-Track Signals. Please note we do not change system behavior within the WeSeSo Platform in response to browser requests not to be tracked. You may, however, disable certain tracking by third parties as discussed in the WeSeSo Ads and Personalization section below. You may also opt out of tracking by WeSeSo Pixels, as described below in WeSeSo Ads and Personalization.
WeSeSo Ads and Personalization
We may display personalized content (including from third-party content publishers) and personalized ads (including sponsored content), based on information that we have collected via the WeSeSo Platform, and through our Pixels, widgets, and buttons embedded on third-party sites. We also may report aggregated or de-identified information about the number of users that saw a particular ad or content and related audience engagement information to users of our Ad Services and to publishers of content on the WeSeSo Platform.
Third-Party Ads on WeSeSo
How We Protect Your Information
The security of your information is important to us. WeSeSo has implemented safeguards to protect the information we collect. However, no website or Internet transmission is completely secure. We urge you to take steps to keep your personal information safe, such as choosing a strong password and keeping it private, as well as logging out of your user account, and closing your web browser when finished using the WeSeSo Platform on a shared or unsecured device.
Access and Amend Your Information
You may update or correct your account information at any time by logging in to your account. You may also make a number of other adjustments to settings or the display of information about you as described in more detail in the following section about Your Choices.
You may, of course, decline to submit information through the WeSeSo Platform, in which case we may not be able to provide certain services to you. You may also control the types of notifications and communications we send, limit the information shared within the WeSeSo Platform about you, and otherwise amend certain privacy settings. Here is some further information about some of your choices:
Emails, Text Messages, and Communications. When you join the WeSeSo Platform by signing up for an account or creating a profile, as part of the service, you will receive the WeSeSo digest containing content that we believe may match your interests. As permitted by law, you are also opting to receive other emails and text messages from us that may be of interest to you as a user of the WeSeSo Platform. You can manage your email, text messages, and notice preferences in your account profile settings, under your Emails and Notifications settings, but note that you cannot opt out of receiving certain administrative or legal notices from us. If you opt-out of receiving emails and text messages about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you transactional e-mails and text messages about your account or any services you have requested or received from us.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 (or under the age of 18 for anyone living in India) or knowingly allow such persons to register. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from a child under the relevant age without parental consent, we take steps to delete that information.
Links to Other Websites